Student visa

Home > Services > Student visa

Student visa

Our Free Student Admission Services


At an international student’s initial stage, our experienced team will help and guide you to find out the right course and institutes according to your future plan. So we advise you to visit help and guide page to have a free consultation for your admission. KNOW ABOUT THE ACADEMIC COURSE LEVEL




As an international student, you need to do plenty of research to select your desired subject and course provider. As you know there are different types and levels of the courses in the UK Like –International Foundation Programme, International Diploma, Undergraduate, Post Graduate, and research program. The Academic level in the UK: Academic Level.



At an international student’s initial stage, our experienced team will help and guide you to find out the right course and institutes according to your future plan. So we advise you to visit help and guide page to have a free consultation for your admission.KNOW ABOUT THE ACADEMIC COURSE LEVEL

As an international student, you need to do plenty of research to select your desired subject and course provider. As you know there are different types and levels of the courses in the UK Like –International Foundation Programme, International Diploma, Undergraduate, Post Graduate, and research program. The Academic level in the UK: Academic Level.



As an international student you should thoroughly research your prospective course, its requirements, deadlines and course costs before you think about completing and submitting an application for a particular institute. Having fully researched the course you are interested in, make sure you now have the relevant information you need to apply Course name, Application deadline and funding deadlines The relevant required supporting documents (e.g. transcripts, CV, etc.) in pdf format to upload. Email addresses for your academic referees. You should ensure you have their consent before you apply. Students are requested to choose a choice of subject and at least three institutes to consider their application.

Apply Now

Our partner institutes have the option for Scholarship applications who wish to apply for an international scholarship and our members of the team will guide our students on how to do a scholarship application. A&F Associates recruitment policy is exceptional and we always try our best to arrange a direct appointment with the institute’s representative in almost every case. We also arrange education fairs, open days for almost every intake, and where students can directly meet the university representatives and get course information and career guidelines. Moreover, as we represent many prominent universities & colleges around the globe admission enables us to give the choice of course of studies, fees, locations, etc. We provide online services to our students so that they can complete the necessary admission & visa procedures information through an online portal.



Important information

A general guideline for those considering applying for the next intake Entry requirements may vary from country to country and program to program. Most of the Institutes follow the UK NARIC, some are specified for certain Major subjects, grades, duration of courses, Experience, English Language requirements, and so on. Entry requirements may vary between English speaking countries and non-English speaking countries and institutes to institutes. We advise please book an appointment to know your entry requirements



We are representing with more than 130 universities from across the UK. In most of the cases, our consultants try to answer all your inquiries yet if you wish to talk to an international admission officer of a partner university we can make an arrangement for you. Please fill up the request a callback form and give a particular reason and we will book an appointment for you.



If you are in an English speaking country you may require showing academic and financial evidence. Academic evidence will help you to show your academic sounds. And Financial evidence makes you aware of how much funding you will be required during your course of study.

If you are in a non-English speaking country you may require having following documents in addition.

Your academic sound

Your passport

All previous visa copy & immigration history form (if you studied before in the UK).

UK educational documents (CAS/visa letter, enrolment /course completion letter, award certificate.)

Personal statement /statement of purpose.

CV (include – phone number, Skype id, present & previous address, next to kin’s & reference) At least one reference letter.

Once you have gathered relevant documents please send them to our operational department with your application we will forward it to the relevant department to process your application further. Please note that the submitted application does not give any confirmation of your acceptance.



If your educational certificate /bank statements or any other important documents are not in English, you must provide a translation that can be verified by the Home Office. If you are using an overseas account, including a conversion of the amounts on your statements using It is acceptable to use overseas accounts when applying from inside and outside the UK.



In terms of higher education in the UK for the international student, having an IELTS result is mandatory. Our adviser team can help you with various tips and information about IELTS preparation and exam. Book an appointment with us for a free IELTS preparation session.



Tuition Fees

When applying for your visa, you only need to show funds for the first year of your course. If you have not paid any of your tuition fees, you will need to show that you have held the full amount in your bank account for 28 consecutive days from the closing balance of your bank statement. If you have paid some of your tuition fees this will show on your CAS statement and you will only need to show the remaining amount of fees that you have to pay (If you have paid some of your fees and this is not shown on your CAS, reply to the emailed CAS statement to get this corrected before applying for your visa).

Postgraduate Research Funding

There are a number of sources of funding available for Postgraduate Research students. There are Government-backed schemes such as the Professional and Career Development Loans (PCDL) and many private providers offer loans to students that help to contribute towards tuition fees and living costs whilst studying. We would always encourage students to research the full range of options for funding, and ensure that they are completely clear about what they are signing up for before they commit.

Sources of funding that might be worth investigating include:
Professional and Career Development Loans (PCDL) are bank loans to pay for courses and training that help with your career or help get you into work. You may be able to borrow between £300 and £10,000. Loans are usually offered at a reduced interest rate and the government pays interest while you’re studying.

Providers, such as Future Finance, offer loans to cover tuition fees and costs of living, with variable interest rates depending on your credit history. Loans generally have arrangement fees and may require a guarantor. Repayments may start before you have graduated from your course and, where this is the case, you must ensure that you are able to meet the loan repayments in addition to meeting all of your other course and living costs.

In relation to loans, A&F Associates does not endorse or recommend any particular companies or products, and it is important to check all details and terms and conditions before applying for or taking out a loan, ensuring that you are aware of repayment schedules, and interest rates and other charges that might be applied.

Living cost

You must have a fixed amount of money to cover your living costs. If you will be studying inside London* you will need £1,265 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of nine months which will be accounted for £11,385. This means that if you will be studying in inner London for a course that lasts one month only, the minimum amount that you will need is £1,265.

If you will be studying elsewhere(outside London) in the UK, the monthly amounts are lower: you need to have £1,015 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of £9,135 for a course lasting nine months or more.

The money must have been in the account for a minimum period of 28 consecutive days up to the date of the closing balance. The account must not have dropped below the amount required at any time during the 28 day period. Also, the final date of this 28 day period must not be more than 31 days before the immigration application is made.

If you are applying with dependents, Each dependant must have a certain amount of money, held in a bank or building society account, or an account with an officially regulated financial institution. All dependants will need to have evidence of this, and in most cases, your dependent must produce this evidence with their immigration application. The amount of money that each dependant must show is as follows:

If you will be studying in London, each dependant must show £845 for each month of immigration permission you have been granted (if your dependents are applying after you have received your permission) or will be granted (if your dependents are applying at the same time as you). This is up to a maximum of 9 months (therefore, a maximum figure of £7,605) If you will study somewhere other than London, each dependant must show £680 for each month of immigration permission you have been granted (if your dependents are applying after you have received your permission) or will be granted (if your dependents are applying at the same time as you). This is up to a maximum of 9 months (therefore, a maximum figure of £6,120). * Inside London is defined as the following London boroughs: Camden; City of London; Hackney; Hammersmith and Fulham; Haringey; Islington; Kensington and Chelsea; Lambeth; Lewisham; Newham; Southwark; Tower Hamlets; Wandsworth; Westminster. You can check which borough your institution is in by entering the postcode of the main study address at If your institution is not in one of the boroughs listed were, then you will be studying in outer London or elsewhere in the UK.

*Pieces of information are collected from UKCISA official website



Application stage:

Application submission with supporting documents


COL (conditional offer letter). (it means there are certain conditions you need to meet to get approval for the further stage) UOL (unconditional offer letter; This stage you need to show your maintenance fund with bank statements and finally pay your tuition fees to get approval for further step) CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies). Once you make the payment and university compliance will do the final review to issue the CAS statement. Moreover, as an applicant, you need to check your CAS (without any error) and all other relevant documents before you apply for a visa.



Every international student has to go through an interview process while submitting the visa application and this is very crucial for them to be prepared for it. We have an expert interview management team for the students who are applying for a Tier 4 student visa. We provide valuable tips and information about the interview and arrange mock interview before the visa submission.




How you apply depends on the country you are applying from and where your visa application will be processed. The following sections explain how to apply from both inside and outside the UK.

We strongly recommend having a photocopy of all documents before you apply for a visa You can apply up to three months before the start date of your program. This is the earliest that you can apply (you can apply later). It currently costs about £310 to apply for a Tier-4 visa outside the UK, £422 within the UK standard method and £822 within the UK premium method Apply for a Tier-4 student visa – make sure you provide all evidence that is required for your application– including your CAS statement (Maintenance fund and English language test certificate if you need).

Where can I apply?

You apply in the country where you are living. If you are just visiting another country, you will have to return home to apply for Tier-4. Check on the Home Office website to find out where to apply in your country.

If you require our help please book an appointment with our experienced team and our members will help and guide you to follow the UKVI latest visa application procedures.



Once you meet all the requirements and university accepted your application, you are required to apply for a Tier 4 student visa in order to study in the UK. It might be a complicated process but you don’t have to worry while you get A&F Associates next to you. Our experts will guide you all the way till you get a decision about your visa application.



The immigration health surcharge is a financial contribution to the UK’s National Health Service. You will pay the surcharge if you are a non- EEA national and you are granted immigration permission to enter the UK to study for a time-limited period of more than six months. You will also need to pay it if you are a non- EEA national who is already in the UK and you wish to apply to extend your stay. You will pay the charge when you make your application. The charge is applied to immigration applications made on or after 6 April 2015. The cost is £300 per year for a student or Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa, for example £600 for a 2-year visa. Further information is available on the Home Office pages of the Gov.

UK Website: application/overview



Your personal statement is very important as it is read by the institute’s admission officer to give you an offer that you applied for! So please follow following link or attachment and write at least 500 word. put-in-your-personal-statement.



Invalid application: There are several reasons that would make your application invalid. For example- Picture size, forget about the signature on the cover sheet, do submit supporting documents on time and so on.

Refusal: As you know you will no longer be eligible for the right to appeal. However, you may be eligible for an Administrative Review.

Error on visa copy: When you receive your visa from the Home Office, check that the following information is correct – Sponsor Licence number, the full amount of time and Working condition. for-uk-visa-as-tier-4-student Program of study is 12 months or longer: you will be granted until the end of your programme plus four months. Program of study is 6-12 months: you will be granted until the end of your programme plus two months.

Correcting errors: If you see any error you may ask the embassy to amend it. If you applied from inside of the UK and you have got an error with your personal details on your BRP, you must email within 10 working days of receiving the card or you may be charged for a replacement and have to apply again. It currently costs £40 to apply for a replacement BRP and the application can take many weeks to be processed.



Planning your travel to the UK is exciting, but there is a lot to think about!

Documents you need to bring include:

your passport, with a valid visa if you need one (see Visas); Travel itinerary and tickets.

A letter of acceptance from your school, college or university; Recent bank statements (and proof of your scholarship, if you have one, or sponsor’s letter), as you may be asked for evidence that you can cover your tuition and accommodation fees;

Originals (or certified true copies) of any degree certificates or technical qualifications;

If you’re bringing any prescribed medication with you, bring a letter from your doctor explaining what it is for. Additional information:

When you’re travelling, bring the address of your new school, college or university, plus the telephone number and ideally the name of a member of staff. This way you can reach help quickly if you need it. You are likely to need health and travel insurance. There are many companies specialising in international student insurance. Make sure you are covered if you need to be. Ask your school, college or university for advice – they may offer a special insurance policy for their students. For information about vaccinations and other health-related considerations, see our Health article.

Check with your airline what you can bring with you. Most airlines charge for excess baggage.

Leave plenty of time to check in and pass through security control before boarding connecting flights – there can be long queues. If you need help once you arrive in the UK, ask at an official tourist information office or information desk. There should be one in every airport.

Make sure you bring warm clothes with you. It might be cold on the trip… or when you arrive! If it’s winter, bring a thick jumper (sweater) and warm coat too.

Security at international airports is strict. Find out more about customs restrictions on the website, and read the ten tips below to be prepared for border control.

For your journey, you may need money for public transport, food and customs charges. Bring around £200 in travellers’ cheques for this. International airports in the UK also have money exchange services, and ATMs to withdraw cash in British Pounds Sterling with a compatible debit or credit card.

Arriving at the airport

When you arrive at the airport, follow the signs for ‘Arrivals’ unless you are transferring to another plane at the same airport. If you are transferring to another flight, follow the ‘Flight connections’ signs.

‘Arrivals’ will take you to passport control. Here, electronic screens will show you where to go – there are usually separate queues for passengers who have passports from the UK, EEA (European Economic Area) or Switzerland, and for all other passport holders. Once you have completed the immigration process (see the UKCISA website for more details about immigration and customs), you’ll proceed to the baggage reclaim area to collect your luggage. Look at the screens above the baggage carousels to find your flight number.

Finally, you’ll pass through Customs Control. At UK airports there are normally three exits through Customs – a green channel if you are travelling from outside the EEA and have nothing to declare; a red channel if you are travelling from outside the EEA and have goods to declare; and a blue channel if you’ve arrived from another airport within the EEA. Follow the links below to check what items should be declared.

Border Force (part of the UK government’s Home Office) is responsible for immigration and customs checks at airports. These are Border Force’s top tips for a smooth journey:

Have your passport ready.

Ensure you complete a landing card if you’re a non-EEA (European Economic Area) national. Landing cards are sometimes given out on the plane, or you can find them in the immigration hall. Bring details of your course of study. If you have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number, bring proof of this too. Keep any medical documentation, recent bank statements and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage. You may be asked to show this information.

Do not bring any meat or dairy products from outside the European Union. There are also restrictions on other food products such as fish, eggs and honey, as well as some fruit, vegetables and plants (e.g. bulbs, seeds, cut flowers and tree bark). You can find out more at There are restrictions on the amount of tobacco, alcohol and gifts you can bring to the UK. You can find out more at free-goods Be aware of your duty-free limit. If you exceed your allowance, you will have to declare it and pay duty at customs (go through the ‘red channel’), otherwise, all of your items may be taken away from you. Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, weapons or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit. You can find out more at restricted-goods You must declare any sums of cash of €10,000 or more (or the equivalent in another currency), if you are travelling from a country outside the European Union. Never give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents) Transport from the airport With more than 40 airports plus an extensive network of rail, ferry and coach links, the UK has an excellent transport system.

Your school, college or university may arrange to pick you up from the airport when you arrive. If not, aim to arrive during the day, when public transport is more frequent. For trains and buses from the airport, you can save time and money by booking tickets in advance.

You can find out more about transport options fron the airport’s website. For example:

Heathrow Airport

Gatwick Airport

Stansted Airport

London Luton Airport

Manchester Airport

Birmingham Airport

Edinburgh Airport

Glasgow Airport

See Travel in the UK for more information.



We have experts who are attending regularly UCAS International Teachers and Advisers Conference since 2015. Our consultants are well- trained by UCAS. Therefore, we have all the updated information and if any student needs assistance with their UCAS application we are happy to help.



Our continuous service includes all type of support for a new student. It is worth mentioning that after entering the United Kingdom new students face many difficulties to adjust themselves. Our experts will be dedicated to providing all type of required help.

As an agent, we will be happy to direct you to your sponsor institute. If you are flying to the United Kingdom and you need airport pick up, please contact us at least 48 hours before.

If you would like to take London underground facilities to your destination please visit

If you are planning to use the bus for your journey please visit –

You can book a taxi in advance from Heathrow airport. In order to do that and find relevant information about traveling from the airport to your destination please visit the following website



It is true that when a new student arrives in the United Kingdom it is very hard to manage accommodation for him. For an international student, it is difficult to select location, price and suitable house as well. Moreover, If you would like to share accommodation with someone known or unknown, you must consider whether it is suitable for you or not. As a new student in the United Kingdom, if you require a temporary accommodation for a short period please contact us via mail at least two weeks in advance and we will do confirm you soon. To rent the property please follow the advice giving by citizen advice bureau:

Renting from a letting agency :


A letting agency can help you find accommodation owned by a private landlord. Some will help you simply to find accommodation, but many letting agencies manage properties on behalf of a landlord, which means that you may have no direct contact with your landlord.

This fact sheet provides you with information on what charges a letting agency can make and a checklist of points you should ask before registering with an agency and signing a tenancy agreement.

Using a letting agency

It is best to use an agency which is a member of a voluntary self- regulating trade body as they will require the agency to have a complaints procedure and money protection arrangements. This means that if the agency goes out of business, you will not lose your money.

The main trade bodies are:

Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)

National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)

Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)

If the agency is not a member of a trade body, find out whether it participates in a set of standards known as the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS). These standards include a complaints procedure which you can use. ARLA and NALS are both members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme.

For contact details of the above organisations, see under further help. You can also look out for agencies that have the Safe Agent registered mark. This means that your money will be protected through a client money protection scheme. More information is available from the Safe Agent website at

What a letting agency cannot charge for, to register with the agency for a list of properties available for rent a deposit which will be returned to you if it does not find you a suitable property.

It is a criminal offence for an agency to make these charges. If you have paid any of these charges, you should contact your local council´s Trading Standards Officer or Tenancy Relations Officer who can take action against the agency.

What a letting agency can charge you for an unlimited fee once you have signed a contract to accept a tenancy. You must have agreed to take the tenancy before the agency can charge you.

Administration fees

Many agencies will charge you an administration fee. This fee may cover things like the cost of preparing the tenancy agreement, checking references, making up the inventory and any other costs of setting up the tenancy. Many agencies will charge you for renewing your tenancy agreement once it expires. It is best to shop around because not all agencies make these charges and the amounts can vary between agencies. If you are receiving housing benefit, it will not pay for these fees. The agency should provide you with clear information about their charges before you agree to take up a tenancy. Charges should also be reasonable. If you have paid unreasonably high charges or you were not given full details of the charges by the agency in advance, you may be able to challenge the charges on the grounds they are unfair. You should contact a specialist housing adviser or your local council´s trading standards officer for further advice.

A non-returnable holding deposit

This is charged when you agree to rent a property, but have not yet signed the tenancy agreement. This deposit is usually deducted from the security deposit when you move in.

You should make sure that you want to take up the tenancy because if you change your mind, your holding deposit will not be returned.

There may be circumstances when you are not able to move into the property for reasons beyond your control, for example, your reference was not satisfactory or the agency has increased the rent. In these circumstances, it may be unfair for the agency not to return your holding deposit. You should seek advice if this happens to you.

If you have paid an administration fee and/or a holding deposit and the landlord chooses not to go ahead with the tenancy, the Office of Fair Trading Guidance states that you should receive a refund of all pre- payments. If the agency will not return your payments, you should seek advice.

3 Advice guide (Advice that makes a difference)

Security deposit:

This is charged with security against damage to the property or getting into rent arrears. It should be returned to you at the end of your tenancy if you have not breached your tenancy agreement.

An agent who charges you a security deposit for an assured shorthold tenancy on or after 6 April 2007 must protect it in one of the three Government approved schemes and provide you with details of the scheme.

The schemes are the Deposit Protection Scheme, the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and ´my deposits´.

You should agree with the agent what condition the property is in when you start renting it, including a list of the furniture and fittings (known as the inventory). This should help stop any disagreements at the end of the tenancy.

For more information about security deposits, see Tenancy Deposits in Housing fact sheets.

Checklist of points you should ask the letting agency before registering with them. You should find out the following information from an agency before registering with them to avoid future problems:

details of the services it provides full details of the charges it makes whether it is a member of a trade body such as ARLA, NAEA, RICS or NALS as it must have a complaints procedure and protect your money if the agency goes out of business whether the agency has a complaints procedure and whether it is a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme details of the tenancy deposit protection scheme its uses

4 Advice guide

Advice that makes a difference Whether the landlord has the lender´s permission to rent out the property. If not, you could be evicted with minimal notice if your landlord gets into arrears with their mortgage and the property is repossessed the procedure for getting repairs done.

Further help

Voluntary self-regulating trade bodies Further information about the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) can be found on their website at You can also carry out a search to find lettings agents who are members of ARLA in the area where you live.

Further information about the National Association of Estate Agents NAEA) can be found on their website at Further information about the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors RICS) can be found on their website at

National Approved Letting Scheme

Further information about the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS) can be found on their website at

The Property Ombudsman

Further information about The Property Ombudsman can be found on its website at Letting agents who are members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme have to follow a Code of Practice, which is also available from the website at

Citizens Advice Bureau

Citizens Advice Bureau gives free, confidential, impartial and independent advice to help you solve problems. Other information on Adviceguide which might help

Finding accommodation

Renting from a private landlord

Common problems with renting

Getting repairs done while renting

This fact sheet is produced by Citizens Advice, an operating name of The National Association of Citizens Advice Bureau. It is intended to provide general information only and should not be taken as a full statement of the law. The information applies to England and Wales only. (Referencing citizen advice bureau



If you are a student in the United Kingdom you would receive 30% discount on your Journey subject to have a validated student Oyster card. There are two types of student oyster card depending on age.

If you are under the age limit of 16 to 18 or 18+ students, please visit the official website to apply for the student oyster card.

It is mentionable that if you would like to apply for your discount Oyster card, you must enroll in your course and then you can apply.

With a school, college or university that’s registered on the TfL scheme On a mandatory work placement in London On an eligible full-time or part-time course To have an ID you will need: A colour digital photo to upload, Your student enrolment ID from your school, college or university, Your course start and end dates, A credit or debit card to pay the £20 administration fee and valid email address.

More information please visit: concessions/18-student



To make an adjustment with the United Kingdom social-economic life you may require opening a bank account with the regulatory financial institute. If you have a bank account could make your life easier to pay any online payment or shopping.

If you are going to be studying in the UK for a while, you will need to open a bank account. You should do this as soon as possible, ideally with a bank on campus or nearby. Many banks offer special student facilities and have financial advisers to help you organise your account.

When you open your international student bank account you will need:

your passport

a letter of acceptance from your place of study

proof of your address at home and in the UK

reference and statements from your home bank

Most banks in the UK are open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, with some open on Saturday mornings. If you have a debit or credit visa card for your account you can use a cash machine 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Many banks in the UK also offer online banking which you may prefer to use. But if you have a debit card you may use for any type of transaction anywhere.

Before travelling to the UK

Ask your college or university what your options are for paying fees, so you´ll know what facilities you´ll need. You should then contact your bank at home and ask:

how you should transfer your money to the UK about running a bank account in the UK whether your bank has a special relationship with any UK banks whether you can use cash cards from your home bank in cash machines in the UK Managing your international student bank account

It is important not to overspend on your account, as your bank will charge you if you go overdrawn. If you think you need more money than you have in your account, speak to your bank´s student adviser about arranging an overdraft. If you need more support to open a bank account please contact one of our specialist advisers.



Many students are visiting our website from outside the UK and there might be a time difference between the two countries. We put this into consideration and developed a 24/7 response to an inquiry for all the students across the globe. So, if you have any question to ask, use our online platform and we will response you in real time.

if you have one of the following options, you can leave us a text +4407876660444

Whatsapp, Viber, IMO; other links to contact us as follows:

skype: a&fassociates

Facebook link:



Any service we provide for students is completely free of charge. All our service is provided by High-professionals and we provide one of the quickest UK admission services in the UK. If you have any enquiry about our student services you can book an appointment with one of our adviser or you can request a callback or you can visit our head office in London. Our contact details are below.

203,Neuron Centre

7-8 Davenant Street

London E1 5NB (United Kingdom).

Mobile: +447876660444

Phone: 02071019459


Skype: afassociates

Nearest Tube Stations: Whitechapel, Aldgate East.