Meet Our Counselor
Documents Checklist For USA
Students need to carry all original documents for interview and a set of the copy. You need to apply for the visa within 120 days from the issue date of I-20.
- Sevis payment receipt I-901.
- DS 160 form Confirmation page.
- Visa fees payment receipt.
- Original barcode Sevis issued I-20.
- Original Passport
- Bank statement and certificates showing strong financial background ($ 30,000 to $ 50,000).
- Interview confirmation page.
- All academic documents including transcripts, IELTS/TOEFL score sheet.
- Financial documents or education loan.
- Property valuations.
- Income details with proofs.
- Sevis fee is $ 350 and Visa Fees is $ 160.
Why Study in USA
USA has the world’s largest international student population, with over 800,000 students choosing to broaden their education and life experience in the United States. United States of America commonly known as U.S.A. USA is one of the largest technological updated and powerful economies of the world. The United States of America has 50 states; it’s the melting point for cultural diversity. It is also known as “land of opportunity” students from UK, Canada, and Europe come to USA for further studies. USA has strong reputation in field of education and research in fact country has highest number of Universities with highest rankings. The country has been invention hub giving great chances for development and learning. The same features are reflected in education system of USA. Student Visa for USA is called F 1.
The United States has one of the world’s finest university systems, with outstanding programs in virtually all fields. At the undergraduate level, excellent programs exist in traditional disciplines, as well as in professional fields. At the graduate level, students have the opportunity to work directly with some of the finest minds in their field of study, with the chance to become involved with exclusive research and educational opportunities. U.S. degrees are recognized throughout the world for their excellence.
o USA being the first world economy and technologically highly advanced, there is extensive research and development happening through universities giving international students practical coverage to the latest implementation of new research. International Students get practical exposure and experience of the most advanced trends which is followed by many other nations thus student tend to get upper hands when they start their career in any other nations.
o Degree from United States of America is respected with high regards by employers additionally it also gives a student exposure to global business culture.
o the universities and colleges have a research-based approach and provide greater amount of flexibility and freedom to students. Equal importance is given to both practical knowledge and theories.
o There are higher number of USA universities listed in top 100 Universities, some of these top ranking Universities includes California Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Stanford University, Princeton University, Yale University and many more.
o Wide range of academic options is available for students along with numerous specializations.
o Academic excellence, scholarship facilities for deserving students, flexibility and freedom offered to students, respecting the creativity and originality, are few of the major reasons that has given USA a lead as a study abroad destination.
o F1 students can gain experience with OPT (Optional Practical Training) and can continue to H1B status, generally 5 years of student visa is granted.
o More years of OPT and CPT (Curricular Practical Training) is granted to students of STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering and Math’s.
Tuitions Fees in USD $
Associate Degree (2 years) Or Bachelor Degree (3/4 years)
Masters Degree (1/2 years) or Doctorate/ PhD (3-5 years)
$12000 to $25000
$15000 to $30000
Admission process for USA
Education system in USA is very flexible. The students are rated GPA – Grade Point Average. Schools, Private institutes, Colleges and Universities have their individual admission requirements. Post-secondary programs including bachelor’s degree program are known as undergraduate programs, while master’s program and doctorate are known as graduate programs. Courses are credit based. USA also offers OPT and CPT – Optional Practical Training and Curriculum Practical Training, the courses are determined by credits.
Regular full time international student applies for F 1 visa, there are other categories also like J-1 and M-1 for exchange and vocational training respectively.
F-1 Visa – Full time regular programs
Original I-20 is required, payment of SEVIS fees is mandatory. Once this is done and DS 160 form is complete, student needs to pay the visa fees and select OFC Appointment date (fingerprint date) and book an interview appointment date online. Interview is mandatory for students; the success rate of the visa depends upon the interview. At Future Link students are prepared for interview once they start admission processing, by the time of final visa application they are well prepared in advance to face critical interview questions assertively.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programs like Associate Degree and Bachelor’s Degree:
- Students need to have good academic records. Minimum 16 years of post-secondary education is required for an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Higher Secondary mark sheet with above 50%. In some universities percentage, cut-off can be higher.
- IELTS overall score of 6.0 or TOEFL 80 iBT.
- Work experience letter (if applicable).
- Some Universities require SAT score sheets.
- Recommendation letters and Covering letter for Application (SOP).
- Application fees vary from $80 to $250.
- Passport biodata pages.
Admission Requirement for Graduate Programs like Masters Course and Doctorate:
· Students need to have good academic records.
· Bachelor’s degree or in some cases 4 years degree with minimum 50% score.
· IELTS overall score of 6.5 or TOEFL 100 iBT.
· Work Experience letter as per the requirement of the course. (If applicable).
· In some cases, work experience is mandatory.
· For admission in a creative or professional field portfolio or detailed subject research is required.
· For some Masters programs & Doctorate programs research proposal, good academic background, and a high score in IELTS/TOEFL and GRE/GMAT is mandatory.
· Application fees vary from $ 100 to $ 250.
· Passport biodata pages.